Thank you guys for visiting on this page “What To Have After Workout For Clean Gains” and today in this article, I will tell you the importance of post workouts nutrition, what to drink after workout and things related to it like, what is the best meal timing, what to consume in an after workout meal, options around it so that you get the right information and can gain muscle in a shorter period of time.
Be sure to read this article till the end, I am sure you will receive some handy information. Let’s start.
So, these days a lot of people started going to the gym to achieve fitness goals and often wonder that I am doing the right things like my exercise form is correct, cardio is on point and I still not growing. They look pretty much the same after a year or two.
The thing is that we don’t need to be a fitness expert to achieve our goals.
If you are doing everything right in the gym, it means that the main problem is in those 23 hours which you spend outside.
Are you taking the right nutrition in those 23 hours, if not, then our first goal is to focus on the nutrition?
So, in this article, we will discuss deeply and specifically about post workout nutrition.
So, exactly what to drink after a workout in the post-workout nutrition. To understand that, we got to know first what post workout actually is?
What Is Post Workout Nutrition?
Well, in the simplest words, post-workout means the Opportunity for Growth. When we train in the gym hard enough with heavy weights and machines and are done with the training workout regime.
The muscles that are being trained becomes sore and the first and foremost drink or food which you provide to your body comes under post workout nutrition.
Post-workout meal or drink is very important for the repairing and rebuilding and providing immediate recovery resource to muscle tissues. Recover process starts in post workout.
Lifting crazy heavy weights increases the blood flow in those muscles, due to which they develop small tears in it. And that immediate recovery resource is protein, lean protein. Now the question is what to drink after the workout or what to eat.
Best Post Workout Meal For Muscle Gain
As I told you earlier that the nutrition after the workout is the opportunity for growth. So what to drink after workout?
To start the recovery process, we need to consume fast digesting protein which gets absorbed immediately in the body without any delay.
Now in the post workout nutrition, there are two meals to take care of:
1. Firstly, the recovery meal right after workout(taken from supplements or meal) which includes lean protein and should not have fats in it. Carbs can also be added if you had gone through intense training and feeling dizzy.
2. Secondly, a proper meal which has to be consumed after 1 hour which contains Macronutrients(protein, carbs, and fats) in a balanced ratio plus micronutrients(vitamins and minerals).
Now the post recovery meal can be consumed in two ways, either through supplementation or through lean protein meal.
The protein form which immediately gets absorbed by the body is Whey Protein Isolate. You can drink whey protein right after the workout. Plus simple carbs right away like a banana. No Fats required in recovery meal.The feeling of drinking post-workout drink after the gym is worth every pain. Click To Tweet
You can also make your homemade post workout shake using whey protein supplement.
Get some homemade shakes ideas. But remember, these shakes must be in the meal which you will be having after 1 hour.
Lean protein meal:
It is a post workout without supplements. Have 5-7 egg whites is the best post workout meal for muscle gains because of the lean protein present in the eggs, avoid egg yolks due to the presence of fats in it.
Also, you can have sweet potato or can add a piece of fruit which can be banana in the post workout snack meal.
Any multivitamin supplement can be used. The opti-men multivitamin can be a good choice, Re-vital can also be used if you are on a really tight budget and don’t want to spend much money on supplements.You Can Feel Sore Tomorrow Or You Can Feel Sorry Tomorrow Click To Tweet
The key is:
Eating in the post nutrition is the prime time to provide the body with the clean food for the clean gains.
Now should you eat before or after a workout?
The answer is yes, of course. We need to provide energy to the body that we know will be depleted in intense movements. Try providing complex carbs to the body for the long-term energy.
Post Workout Meal Timing
The following key points will help you to understand post-workout nutrition more clearly.
1. The post-workout meal must be consumed within 30-45 minutes and must be high in protein.
2. The thing is that training muscles brake the muscle fibers, and muscle fibers are made up of protein and post workout means immediate recovery. That’s why we need a meal which is high in Protein so that the protein goes inside those torn muscles. Muscle gaining process starts.Remember it's not the workout that makes a person grow, its the recovery with the nutrition in those 23 hours. Click To Tweet
3. Do not add fats to the recovery meal because it slows down the digestion and, if the digestion process becomes slow, the absorption of protein or anything gets compromised. Instead of taking 30-45 minutes digestion, it will take 1-1.5 hour minimum.
4. An alternative can be 5-6 boiled egg whites without yolk as the yellow portion has fats present in it.
5. After having the immediate post-workout nutrition, here comes the next meal which we need to provide should contain a balanced nutrition with the proper allotment of Macro(Protein, Carbohydrates, Fats) and Micronutrients(Vitamins And Minerals).
Best Food To Eat After Workout
If you are going to gym in the mornings and you wondering that what should I eat after my workout i.e. which is my breakfast, then the best breakfast can be:
1. Oatmeal(Morning Workout)
All time best, add 1 scoop of oats in a bowl, add water so much so that the oats should become soft.
Add 1/2 spoon peanut butter with one apple chopped in it. And that’s your post-workout meal.
You can add some nuts to it, nuts will add extra flavor to it. You can add peanuts, wall-nuts, almonds, resins. This meal has less protein content in it, so you can have a glass of milk with it or 4 egg whites with this.
Carbs – 32 grams
Protein – 30 grams
Fats – 12 grams(according to dry fruits)
It should be the post-workout morning breakfast.
2. Oats shake(Morning Workout)
Add some oats and one banana with full glass milk (low fat/No fat) in a blender. Blend the mixer, and your meal is ready.
It only takes 5 minutes to prepare this meal. Add some peanuts, walnuts, and almonds in it. If you need more protein, have 5 egg whites after or more egg whites according to your protein requirement or you can add some more milk to the shaker or add a scoop of whey protein isolate.
Carbs – 38 grams
Protein – 22-35 grams
Fats – 12 grams
3. Rice Egg(In Evening)
First, take all the 6 egg-white and 1 whole out from the eggs. Mix it well and pour it into the pan with of to make an omelet. Use a nonstick pan and avoid oil.
After the omelet is ready, add rice to it, small half cup.
Add salt and pepper according to your taste. Boom the meal is ready. It will take hardly 10 minutes to make the meal.
High protein. Medium carbs and zero fat. You can also take this meal 90 minutes before workout for the awesome pump(You can add 2 spoon olive oil if using the meal as a pre-workout)Sore Muscle, Happy Recovery Click To Tweet
Conclusion For Post Workout To Muscle Gain
When we play with heavyweights, supersets and giant sets. It causes small tears in the muscle which makes the tissue damage.
- Through post-workout nutrition, we provide the nutrients which are essential for the muscle to grow.
- Also while training, it causes depletion of muscle glycogen(energy).
- We have to provide simple carbs like a banana to refill muscle glycogen which helps in refilling the glycogen that was depleted in the gym while performing heavy movements, so sugar in the banana helps in refill fuel tank.
- Most of the beginners and intermediate level gym-goers make most mistakes in the gym, and making mistakes is actually a good thing if we learn lessons from it and improve it day by day.
- Instead of following only the diet for post-workout nutrition, gym diet is also very important.
That’s it guys from this article “What To Have After A Workout For Clean Gains” if you find value in the article and made it this far then, be sure to share it with your friends and family or with that person who can be helped with this information.
It will act as a motivation to me so that I can post more and more helpful content regularly. So once again that’s it guys thank you for giving this article a sweet read.
Now, In comments tell me about what do you consume in your post workout drink?
Good Bye And Stay In Touch